Saturday, September 10, 2011

If this is Saturday...

AND THE beat goes on... and on... Six weeks into this gig and I'm staying in my third temporary accommodations. The plan's to be in my own apartment by Thursday, quite possibly without furniture.
But that's OK. Finding an apartment was stressful, much of it self-induced I'm sure. The clock was ticking and I had my stuff from Greece sitting on the dock for two months in 45C heat... all sorts of surprises I'm expecting.
I was looking forward to a mini bar this latest hotel. But all there was was a price list and an empty fridge. Called reception to find out about having it stocked. I was told I'd have to put down a deposit: 900 riyals, or just shy of $250. I laughed. Besides, a bottle of beer for $10. I'm better off.
It's a bit like cigarettes in North America. When a pack costs $15, who wants to smoke?

No comments:

Post a Comment